How many jobs are available in real estate investment trusts: Real estate investment trusts a good career path? yes, but If you’re thinking of becoming a real estate investor, you must be filled with questions. Some of the most common questions beginners properties investors ask to help you figure out if real estate investing is the right career path for you.
Jobs available in real estate investment trusts
2020 Summer Internship
AvalonBay is proud to be named one of Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work in 2019.
We are one of the nation’s leading Real Estate Investment Trusts (REIT’s), in the business of developing, redeveloping, acquiring and managing quality apartment communities in high barrier-to-entry markets of the United States.
- Growth based on achievement and promotion from within.
- A 20% discount on our incredible apartment homes.
- A culture built on purpose and our core values -A Commitment to Integrity,A Spirit of Caring, andA Focus on Continuous Improvement.
Equity Research Associate – REITs
Are you gifted at assessing value and risk? Do you love to give advice, as well as educate? We’re looking for someone like that who can:
- conduct valuation analysis within an industry, sector, or asset class
- convert industry knowledge into understandable investment opinions
- build and maintain financial models to evaluate historical information and generate projections
- provide investment recommendations based on modeling, valuation and risk assessments
- remain current on market developments to help frame investment strategies
Summer Intern – Acquisitions
- Assist with the market analysis, to include researching comparable sales and rents.
- Assist with analysis of tenant(s) financial statements for inclusion in investment committee memos.
- Assist with the financial model of potential office and industrial property investments across the country.
- Use Argus financial modeling software to create and edit financial models as well as consolidate property files.
- Assist in preparing investment committee materials and corresponding exhibits.
- Assist with receipt and dissemination of diligence materials.
- Assist with deal tracking.
- Use Argus and Yardi to prepare cash flow reports for disposition properties.
- Provide reception coverage to administrative assistant on occasion.
- Availability to work 40 hours per week.
- Currently a junior or senior at an accredited college or university.
- Minimum 3.0 GPA.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office product suite.
- Working knowledge of ARGUS Enterprise a plus.
- Enthusiasm, professionalism, resourcefulness.
- Excellent organizational, research, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative, and results-driven environment.
- Not eligible for course credit.
Customer Service Representative – Foley
What will you bring to us?
- Your reliability and ability to work flexible hours including some weekends and holidays.
- Comfortable using Microsoft Office suite including Word and Excel.
- Possess Cash register and exceptional Customer Service experience.
Real Estate – Asset Management, Associate
Associates work may include:
- Financial modeling and analysis.
- Refinancing and disposition transactions.
- Investment valuations and return projections.
- Conducting strategic asset reviews.
- Market research and data mining.
- Comparable sale/company analysis.
- Leasing analysis.
- Development of presentations.
- Drafting of memoranda for internal and external use.